Another Dollhouse (not by Ibsen), 2015-2017
A set of curtains and props imagined both for interior and designs theatre settings. A creative process based on Henrink Isbsen’s play (1879): A doll’s house. A performance for three dancers.
Door, window, staircase: Elements of the domestic space, symbols of the ordinary, are turned into trompe-l’oeil ghostly curtains to create a domestic theatre. A playroom, modular and archetypal, used to re-enact the everyday and to assimilate it. It’s interesting to note that the same word is used to describe the way a child relate to his toy as well as to describe a theatrical performance: PLAY.
digital prints on polyester semi-transparent curtains.
Purchase & Loan
Purchase and loan on demand at firstname.lastname@example.org - ajustable and made to measure
model photo and video: Floriane Misslin
dancers: Olivia Caillaud, Maud Llorente, Lauriane Kereg
voice: Laurianne Kereg
special thanks to: Rianne Makkink, Vittoria Matarrese, Earlwyn Covington, Gabrielle Kennedy
Exhibitions & publications
- Aanstormend talent (exhibition), Museum IJsselstein, NL 2017
- Demain des l’Aube [DDLA] (exhibition), Paris , FR 2016
- Breaking & Construct (exhibition), Atelier Relief, 4 Pièces, Brussels, BE 2016
- Do Disturb (4 days performance), Palais de Tokyo, Paris, FR 2016
- Spring collection (retail/display), Does Zevenendzes gallery, Laren, NL 2016
- SuperLandEscapes (exhibition), curated by Studio Makkink-Bey, Ram Foundation, Rotterdam, NL 2016
- Workspace theatre (exhibition + performance), curated by Studio Makkink-Bey, UABB Shenzhen/Hong-Kong, CHN 2015
- Guangzhou Academy of Fine Arts (Workshop and Guest Lecturer), with Studio Makking-Bey, Guangzhou, CHN 2015
- Philharmonie [as Design Platform] (display), entrance hall of the philharmonic Theatre, Haarlem, NL 2015
- Thing Nothing (exhibition), Design Academy Graduation Show, Dutch Design Week, Eindhoven, NL 2015